Position: Administrative Officer
6 month contract available with our Government Client for an experienced Administrative Officer in Parramatta!
- Responsible for the formation of papers, Agenda compilations, minutes, action record management and follow-up relevant to a variety of Governance forums.
- Contribute to the efficient business operations of the directorate by providing high quality administrative, finance and project support, including word processing and production of multi-faceted reports and audio-visual presentations.
- Coordinate conferences including preparing agendas, organising venues, catering, attendance sheets and distribution of resources/material to contribute to the smooth running of conferences.
- Communicate and negotiate with senior officers, other internal staff and external bodies in the organisation of meetings and travel arrangements.
- Provide data entry, word processing, spreadsheet and effective records management to facilitate accurate, timely and effective records and correspondence.
- Monitor and maintain project schedules to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Provide prompt and accurate reports and feedback to the supervisor regarding progress and achievements towards goals and emerging issues that could adversely affect the team/unit’s delivery of agreed business targets.
- Dynamic and positive approach and eager to listen and learn.
- Ability to change direction and approach when business priorities change or move.
- Self-motivated individual that actively takes the initiative with an ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to be comfortable having new subject matter thrown at them and the ability to understand it very quickly.
- Write fluently in a range of styles and formats
- Identify ways to leverage the value of technology to achieve team outcomes, using existing technology of the business
- Escalate issues, keep informed and receive instructions
- Provide and receive continuous feedback
- Support team members and work collaboratively to contribute to achieving business outcomes.
- Demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within the team.
Pre-Employment Checks Required
- 2 x Reference checks
- Working With Children Check
- Police Check Clearance
Job code: 1991