Position: Architectural Design Analyst
We are currently seeking 4 registered Architectural Design Analysts in Sydney to start ASAP! This role is responsible for providing design advice, construction and specification of new buildings to ensure that they facilitate the delivery of excellence. This is a great 6 month role for the right candidate!
- Lead and implement design reviews at the various stages of design development for new school buildings.
- Provide input and make recommendations for improvement to ensure that built facilities are designed and constructed to enhance learning and teaching, and are efficient to manage.
- Manage and undertake research and make recommendations that support the delivery of
design excellence, value for money, sustainability, adaptability and flexibility. Research areas
include building materials and products, construction methods, design innovations, landscape and outdoor environments for learning.
- Foster strong and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders, external agencies, the design fraternity and educationists, and actively contribute to shared knowledge and expertise. In this way, the position builds corporate knowledge and commitment towards achieving the department’s property and facilities initiatives.
- Represent Infrastructure Planning on working groups to provide expert advice to
facilitate the development of design specifications for new forms of facilities such as multistorey structures in commercial precincts.
- Source and manage the engagement of external consultants, including preparation of briefs, ensuring timeliness of advice and review of quality. The position directs and manages
service levels and outputs to ensure that they progress on time and within budget, while meeting the expectation of stakeholders.
- Consulting and engaging with a broad range of users and stakeholders including
architects, builders, designers, furniture suppliers, engineers and IT specialists.
- Developing and maintaining highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of
stakeholders including project planners, project managers, and designers.
- Operating with a minimum level of supervision and as part of a small team.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent workplace experience in
architecture, design, construction or a related field.
- Current driving licence and ability to be able to travel.
Job Code: 1468