Position: Assessment Officer
Our Government Client in Darlinghurst has a great 3 month opportunity (with potential to extend) for an experience Contact / Assessment Officer!
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training concerning child protection, in particular child protection practice, policy, systems and procedures within the Department, when required.
- Gathering information, undertaking assessments and providing consistent and high quality advice, guidance and information to mandatory reporters with regard to students at risk of harm ensuring that the Department of Education complies with legislative and policy obligations in the area of child protection.
- Identifying and providing advice to mandatory reporters concerning response options for students and/or their families who are at risk of harm or in need of assistance.
- Providing advice to mandatory reporters and Child Wellbeing Unit (CWU) staff regarding cultural and child protection issues and also appropriate referral pathways for Aboriginal students and their families.
- Providing timely and accurate advice to CWU management on emergent issues including systemic, complex or critical issues.
- Receiving reports of students at risk of harm from mandatory reporters, maintaining accurate records by entering appropriate and relevant information into the Child Wellbeing Unit’s (CWU) electronic client system in a timely manner.
- Working collaboratively with CWU management and customers, senior Departmental officers , community partners and other Government organisations to drive better service delivery including integrated and coordinated service systems.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Hold a valid clearance to work with children (Working with Children Check)
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies.
Job code: 1819