Position: Assessment Officer
We are currently seeking an Assessment Officer to join our Government Client’s team in Darlinghurst! This is an immediate start and approximately 9 month contract for the right candidate.
- Respond to telephone, Internet and email inquiries and complaints about an organisation’s goods and services, and promote the goods and services.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training concerning child protection, in particular child protection practice, policy, systems and procedures when required.
- Gathering information, undertaking assessments and providing consistent and high quality advice, guidance and information to mandatory reporters with regard to students at risk of harm ensuring that this complies with legislative and policy obligations in the area of child protection.
- Identifying and providing advice to mandatory reporters concerning response options for students and/or their families who are at risk of harm or in need of assistance.
- Providing advice to mandatory reporters and staff regarding cultural and child protection issues and also appropriate referral pathways for Aboriginal students and their families.
- Providing timely and accurate advice to management on emergent issues including systemic, complex or critical issues.
- Receiving reports of students at risk of harm from mandatory reporters, maintaining accurate records by entering appropriate and relevant information into the electronic client system in a timely manner.
- Working collaboratively with management and customers, senior Departmental officers , community partners and other Government organisations to drive better service delivery including integrated and coordinated service systems.
- Child Protection experience mandatory
- Hold a current paid employment Working with Children Check
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies desirable
Job code: 2122