Position: Call Centre Officer
Our Government Client is urgently seeking an experienced Call Centre Officer in Rozelle for a 3 month contract!
- Ensure all incoming telephone calls are answered in accordance with procedure.
- Ensure that all relevant information is obtained and recorded either through the use of a paper log or direct entry into a computer system.
- Assist the other Customer Service Centre staff with both call taking and/or other duties. Maintain appropriate Customer Service Centre records.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, data and the collation of statistical information as required for internal reporting and external agencies.
- Provide responses to inquiries that are consistent with and comply with the standard billing rules of the Service and advise the Revenue Accountant of any inconsistencies. Remain conversant with all Standard Operating Procedures, Instructional Circulars, policies and other notices as issued from time to time. Prepare draft correspondence responses on client information and queries. Provides quality customer service in responding to customer inquiries and accounts matters and acts in a professional and ethical manner.
- Preparation, data entry and allocation of ledger journals; Pensioner and Health Fund writebacks, and banking documentations. Processing correction to invoices, journals and banking documentation.
- Processes cash receipts, cheques and credit card payments in accordance with policy and procedural documentations. File documentation relating to account transactions, invoices, correspondence, cash, receipts, and banking.
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements in the office work environment.
- Manage, monitor and report on key performance indicators as they relate to the position.
- Determine what action is required to deal with each incoming call effectively. This will include assessing the nature of the call, determining the appropriate manner in which to progress the call and prioritising the call accordingly.
- Handle large volume of calls while maintaining high accuracy levels.
- Achieve work performance targets against nominated benchmarks and KPI’s e.g. data integrity; revenue targets.
- Liaise with operational, data processing and accounts receivable staff to ensure that a high level of data integrity is obtained through source documents such as records and invoices.
- Deal with a wide variety of clients in a professional and effective manner and to provide appropriate and reliable information to clients in order to minimise queries and prolonged delays in settlements.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working in or closely with a government department or public sector agency desirable
- Strong customer service/call centre background
Job code: 1451