Position: Case Worker – NDIS Support Coordination
Location: Port Macquarie
We are seeking an NDIS Case Worker to join a professional and supportive team.
If you are passionate about social justice and have case management or support coordination experience in the disability or aged care sector then we would like to talk to you
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Arrange any assessments required to determine the nature and type of services required.
- Determine the budget for each support type and advise plan manager of the breakdown of funds.
- Liaising with relevant plan managers to establish the appropriate claim categories and attribute the correct amount of funds.
- Build links to mainstream or community services.
- Strengthen and enhance the participant’s capacity to coordinate supports, self-direct and manage supports and participate in the community.
- Generating reports and case notes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated casework / case management skills
- An understanding of the NDIS;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills; and
- A high level of integrity, a passion for the industry and the ability to demonstrate innovative problem-solving skills.
- Current driver’s licence
- Current working with childrens check
- Current first aid certificate
- Demonstrated assessment and analytical skills
- Experience in managing challenging situations within a strengths-based approach
- Demonstrated engagement, interpersonal, negotiation, mediation, consultation and written communication skills
- Experience in Disabilities is desirable
- Qualifications in Human Services, Social Science or Allied Health desirable
Job code: 1421
Recruitment Port Macquarie