Position: Civil Project Manager
Start: 30th September 2019
Our Government Client is seeking a Civil Project Manager to join their team in Sydney for a great 12 month contract!
The position will be required to manager complex capital works projects or support larger capital works and/or property projects that include roadworks, streetscapes and cycleways.
The position will work across all project phases including initiation, design, documentation, tender and procurement, construction commissioning and finalisation.
Manager or assist in the day to day implementation of projects including:
- The assessment of risks and support in the preparation of mitigation plans
- The preparation of Project Plans
- The preparation of tender documentation
- The administering of contracts, including evaluation of progress claims, variation claims, extension of time claims, and performance monitoring;
- The investigation of compliance conditions with all relevant utility holders and authorities to avoid any delays to projects;
- Inspect works in the field to ensure that the desired intentions and quality are being achieved.
- Liaise with the utility holders, consultants and contractors
- Prepare and issue timely documentation to enable proactive project reviews, including preparation of regular cost reports, project status updates, construction photographs and compliance reporting;
- Apply and uphold to a high level the project management and governance process;
- Positively contribute to a collaborative work environment offering ideas to continuously improve.
- Deliver a high standard of customer service through consultation and sharing of information with all levels of staff across all divisions.
- Liaise within the Division and with other Divisions to ensure that projects comply with the policies and practices regarding design, sustainability, heritage, accessibility, detail and materials and maintenance;
- Consult with internal and external Authorities to ensure that projects comply with statutory requirements, have the necessary approvals and conform to required standards and policies;
- Assist in community, stakeholder and Authority liaison to ensure projects are appropriately communicated and external views and issues are addressed.
- Commit to and operate in accordance with the operational systems, including project management, document management systems and procedures, and contribute to the ongoing evolution and improvement of the systems and processes.
- Relevant engineering degree qualification with project management experience.
- Proven ability to provide project management at a mid – senior level
- Proven experience effectively managing complex projects that have a civil focus in particular roads, streetscapes and cycleways throughout all project phases.
Job code: 2127