Position: Client Assessor (Victim Services)
Our Government Client is currently seeking a team of Client Assessors with experience in Victim Services to join their team in Parramatta.
- Make assessments and determinations, based on the provisions of the relevant legislation, in
accordance with administrative law and common law principles, policy, established practice, case law
and legal precedents, for provision of counselling and awards of financial support to victims of violent
- Undertake determinations and provide individualised written decisions on the liability of the defendant
where restitution proceedings have been initiated against that person and a notice of objection has been
- Apply relevant legislation, common law principles, administrative law and policy, for awards of financial
support up to the maximum award that could be available to an eligible victim for each discrete act of
violence under the Act. And subject to any exigencies that might be placed on Victims Services from
time-to-time, to assess applications for support at a rate in accordance with budgetary targets.
- Review files prepared for assessment by Clerks for accuracy and completeness prior to undertaking
- Draw to the attention of the Senior Assessor any deficiencies in case preparation and to provide regular
feedback to the Senior Assessor about the day-to-day operational problems in case preparation and
- Answer questions from other members of staff about the legislative scheme and the law as it applies to
- Provide input to the development and refinement of Victims Services policies, guidelines and
- Participate in the corporate activities of the business centre and assist in settling and achieving the
business centre’s strategic objectives.
- Degree in either Law, Social Work or Psychology
- Experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to make decisions about financial assistance
Job code: 1774