Position: Communications Officer
Are you an experienced Communications Officer looking for a new 12 month contract? If so, our Government Client has a great opportunity for you in Redfern!
- Coordinate, develop and deliver internal and external communication content across a range of communication channels including emails, web and social media;
- Manage the process for internal and external communication and to ensure that those processes are suitable to support effective communication;
- Provide high quality customer service by answering or redirecting general enquiries via telephone, email and other communication channels in an attentive and timely manner;
- Identify, assess and monitor emerging issues and recommend actions to respond to identified risks, gaps or inconsistencies;
- Work collaboratively with the work team to ensure consistency with the information that is delivered;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate opportunities for engagement, resolution and information sharing;
- Promote and reinforce the ‘Community of Practice’ for departmental staff as a communication channel for support and information;
- Monitor and moderate comments for the Community of Practice;
- Provide project support to the team;
- Monitor and track issues coming from schools;
- Proactively identify opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness across the project and team.
- Sound writing and editing skills, with demonstrated experience in the preparation of emails, web content, social media postings or other written material;
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service;
- Demonstrated understanding of the multi-channel communications needs of a complex government organisation;
- Good understanding of projects;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite;
- Must be willing to assist with project and administrative support.
Job code: 1799