Position: Community Development Officer
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Salary: $60.00 p/h + super
Wonderful opportunity for an experienced Community Development Officer. Rewarding role, ASAP start, 6 month contract. $60p/h + super, located at Airds.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Community Development Officer is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of the Airds Bradbury Strategic Social Plan component of workplans to achieve project outcomes and support achievement of organisational objectives.
• Develop and implement a range of ongoing consultative/advisory arrangements and mechanisms with individual social housing residents, families, organisations (government and non-government) and the local community.
• Contribute to the design, implementation, monitoring and review of the Strategic Social Plan and contribute to community / client suggestion feasibility reviews.
• Contribute to and assist in the development of community based projects and activities to facilitate increased participation of residents in community capacity building and regeneration activities.
• Coordinate activities to foster partnerships with community and government agencies to identify and access alternate program and project funding sources in order to secure additional and appropriate services to the target area.
• Contribute to DCJ, Housing Services Teams and LAHC staff, tenant and community involvement and empowerment planning to improve departmental performance in selected housing management activities.
• Assist in identifying social infrastructure needs (both physical and non-physical) within the community and develop innovative strategies and programs to address such.
• Organise and contribute to community meetings and workshops and network with external stakeholders including Council, Education, Police & Indigenous agencies, Residents and Resident groups.
• Undertake associated administrative duties
Appointments are subject to the following checks/ clearances:
- Reference checks
- National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
- All candidates are required to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to apply for this role
When applying for this role, please include a Word version of your resume (not PDF). Please note that only Australian based applicants will be considered for this role.
By applying for this position, you give MBC Recruitment the Right to Represent you for the position of JP9123 – Community Development Officer. Your details may be provided to the Client to progress your application.
Job Code: 1167
Recruitment – Airds, NSW