Position: Building Compliance Inspection Officer
We have a great long term opportunity based out of Queanbeyan for an experienced Building Compliance Inspection Officer, your role will be to undertake and report on field inspection activities/outcomes to verify contractor compliance with maintenance contract requirements.
- Delivers timely, accurate and effective inspections by adhering to the inspections program and standards and maintaining quality, accurate and up-to-date records of inspections undertaken, outcomes and actions required.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with contractors to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the inspection program and maintenance program.
- Identifies actions required working collaboratively with Contractors to resolve compliance issues and where necessary issue non-compliance or other notices.
- Identifies and reports to management on emerging issues, thereafter providing recommendations so as to improve and minimise the impact of these issues on the delivery of asset programs.
- Understands and assists in the implementation of compliance education strategies, as required.
- Relevant Qualifications or accreditation in Quality Management principles and associated Australian Quality Standards or relevant work experience.
- Understanding of the Australian Building Codes, Australian Standards, Government or commercial probity and contracting standards.
- Relevant qualification and/or sound construction building maintenance and/or building construction experience/exposure, together with field inspection experience and measurement of performance against standards.
- Desirable – experience in compliance inspections of building essential services.
- The ability to work autonomously and be adaptable is key
- Current drivers licence – travel required within a 300km radius (field car provided)
Pre-Employment checks required
- 2 x Reference checks
- National Criminal Record Check
Job code: 2118