Position: Disability Projects & Standards Manager
Location: Sydney CBD
Our Government Client is seeking a Disability Projects & Standards Manager for a 12 month contract in Sydney CBD.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop a program of innovative initiatives and considerations that comply with and compliment government policy. These need to provide the working project with sustainable current and future inclusion solutions to ensure that disability considerations are an inherent part of all activities.
- Research, derive and recommend best practice standards and policies for disability as they related to the work of the project
- Recommend and action key pathways and mechanisms inside the business unit to ensure awareness and practical embedment of disability best practice standards across the division
- Lead, facilitate and /or manage a range of projects
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to the division on key issues relevant to disability standards and best practices
- Provide a direct point of liaison between necessary business units
- Managing the long-term integration of disability standards and requirements into the broader client business model across a number of teams and functions, to ensure proper embedment
- Managing stakeholder expectations and competing priorities across the department while making fair and balanced decisions in the context of resource availability and in the best interests of the entire organisation
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in specialist infrastructure and/or design, including but not limited to, education settings, healthcare and aged care
- Stakeholder expertise and experience to navigate through government processes combined with strong leadership skills with the ability to drive performance in a disparate stakeholder environment
- Knowledge of and a commitment to high standards of Work Health and Safety Policies
Job Code: 2078