Position: Economic Development Officer
Location: Oran Park, Sydney
Our Client has a great 8 month opportunity for an Economic Development Officer in Oran Park!
- Supporting the development and implementation of our Client’s Economic Development Strategy.
- Preparing and maintaining communications with the business community regarding economic development initiatives and opportunities through a range of mediums, including internet-based opportunities.
- Identifying and pursuing leads and opportunities for new businesses and industries, and the expansion of existing businesses and industries, to facilitate job creation in the LGA.
- Assist potential entrepreneurs in the area to develop their projects and provide them information to access necessary resources.
- Evaluate economic development activities.
- Respond to requests for information on the availability of land, buildings and facilities for new businesses.
- Maintain files and records on local businesses and economic development opportunities.
- Coordinate and/or support interactions between governments, other communities, business, and industry and community organisations.
- Provide internal and external advice on matters relating to economic development.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Economic Development, Marketing or Business Administration and/or extensive job-related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in economic development theories and practices: local and regional economic development potential and opportunities; and business planning and market analysis
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, problem-solving, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining effective internal and external stakeholder relationships, and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people and groups.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, sound working knowledge and experience in a political context, and provision of specialist advice to assist in decision-making.
- Experience in managing complex projects.
- Proven organisation and time-management skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the formulation and implementation of community engagement processes.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of finance, accounting, project evaluation, marketing and legal processes as they relate to business and industry.
Job code: 1396