Position: Environmental Health Officer
Location: Sydney CBD
Our Government client has an amazing 3 month opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health Officer in Sydney with an immediate start! The primary role of this position is to conduct routine investigations of all public and environmental health matters and take appropriate action to achieve quality outcomes.
- Independently investigate regulatory environmental and public health issues while achieving timely, high quality outcomes
- To escalate serious environmental and public health issues to senior staff
- Manage large and varied work loads of environmental health matters concurrently and participate in projects that assist with the best practice management
- Utilise mediation and conflict resolution skills to resolve matters and achieve appropriate outcomes
- Provide advice to the public and businesses on environmental health issues.
- Keep abreast of changes in the environmental health field.
- Interpret environmental health and public health legislation, code and policies and enforce requirements where breaches are identified
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work autonomously to meet competing priorities and tight timeframes
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in techniques involving sampling, testing and monitoring of environmental health matters in water, food, air, land and noise pollution
- Regulatory experience in public or environmental enforcement in a local government environment
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Committed to the public interest
Job Code: 2069