Position: Environmental Health Officer
We have an exciting 3 Month opportunity with our government client for an experienced Environmental Health Officer in Maitland.
Provide high level customer service throughout the investigation, assessment and management of compliance activities including but not limited to environmental protection, swimming pool barriers, public nuisance, public health & food safety.
- Provide statutory services, remain current with requirements, and monitor compliance with relevant functions under the following legislation and associated regulations, including but not limited to:
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- Food Act 2003
- Local Government Act 1993
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Public Health Act 2010
- Swimming Pools Act 1992
- Provide high quality technical advice to internal and external stakeholders through the timely completion of referrals and requests and the preparation of reports as required.
- Investigate, manage and resolve requests in consultation with the community, government agencies and other sections of the business as appropriate.
- Negotiate appropriate solutions in disputes within the parameters of existing legislation, policies and the delegations of the position to resolve issues without resorting to litigation where possible
- Prepare appropriate statutory notices and orders for service, with supporting compilation of evidence such as statements, photographs and the monitoring of results.
- Prepare and present evidence as the client representative to the Local Court, Land and Environment Court or other Courts as required.
- Develop and/or deliver relevant education programs in relation to compliance activities, environmental protection, public health and food safety.
- Degree qualifications in Environmental Health or related discipline or an equivalent combination of contemporary experience and education and/or training.
- Contemporary industry knowledge and demonstrated experience in environmental protection, swimming pool barriers, on-site sewage management, local government, public health, food safety, and related legislation.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills, and the ability to interpret legislation and apply technical knowledge for the resolution of complex matters.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a productive member of a multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the fulfilment of team goals.
- Class C drivers licence
Job code: 2173