Position: Executive Assistant
We have a great short term assignment available for an experienced Executive Assistant in Darlinghurst! Our Government Client is ideally seeking the right candidate to start ASAP.
- Contribute to the development of an organisational culture which encourages and supports innovation, customer responsiveness, flexibility and empowerment of staff, to enable the department to meet its current and future strategic objectives.
- Provide high quality clerical, administrative and financial support, including the word processing and production of multi-faceted reports and audio-visual presentations.
- Manage complex diary arrangements to support strategic outcomes and ensure information that is required for the Executive Director is available easily.
- Establish and maintain effective records management systems as required for the Executive Director, Directors and team and adhere to deadlines.
- Build excellent customer relationships and work collaboratively with team members and other teams in the Office of the Executive Director and Learning and Wellbeing business units, the Educational Services Division and the department to increase efficiencies and implement systemic and cultural change in the delivery of educational services to schools.
- Maintain confidentiality, understand sensitivities and liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and address complex and/or sensitive enquiries and issues, including those that are escalated, to ensure the timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Provide data entry, word processing, spreadsheet and other technological services to facilitate accurate, timely and effective records and correspondence, including staffing forms for Learning and Wellbeing.
- Effectively apply new and/or updated technology applications, systems, procedures and organisational methods to deliver efficient and effective service in accordance with department policy and Public Schools NSW’s business practices and protocols.
- Provide prompt and accurate reports and feedback to the supervisor regarding progress and achievements towards goals and emerging issues that could adversely affect the team/unit’s delivery of agreed business targets.
- Experience in an Executive Assistant role where working in and across teams was a critical part of the role
- Experience in a fast paced environment and with a range of stakeholders, including senior executive staff
- Communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with oral and written communications
- Work collaboratively and build relationships across the directorate/department
- Think and solve problems and deliver results
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office and computer based tracking systems including HPE Content Manager
- Hold a valid clearance to work with Children (Working with Children Check)
- Prior experience working in government agencies is desirable but not essential
- Skills in using OneNote, Teams, Microsoft Project or ability to learn quickly
Job code: 1757