Position: Facilities Manager
Start: Mid October 2019
Location: Sydney CBD
Are you an experienced Facilities Manager looking for a long term opportunity in the Sydney CBD?
If so, we have a great new role working with a leading public sector team at their recently refurbished premises.
- Lead the development and implementation of facilities management strategies and plans in consultation with School Principals and other key stakeholders, including asset management and maintenance plans, and assist in the preparation of capital expenditure and maintenance budgets, to ensure the delivery of high quality, efficient, safe and cost effective facilities management services.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the planning and delivery of maintenance services, including the preparation and tendering of maintenance contracts in accordance with procurement policies, to minimise service disruption and ensure that educational facilities are appropriately maintained, clean and safe for use.
- Develop, build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including staff, maintenance contractors and service providers, through effective communication, negotiation and issues management, to effectively manage and coordinate service delivery and deliver positive stakeholder outcomes.
- Provide expert, strategic advice, analysis and recommendations on a complex range of facilities management issues and priorities, and devise and develop appropriate solutions, to support informed decision making, resolve problems and mitigate risks.
- Undertake site safety inductions, inspections and audits on maintenance works and monitor and review safe work practices and behaviours, to ensure compliance with relevant Work, Health and Safety legislative requirements, departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Compile data, and collate and prepare financial and facilities management reports, including maintenance expenditure, monthly service provider performance reports and energy usage data, to ensure the provision of high quality, timely and accurate reporting.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the effectiveness of facilities management strategies, operations and programs, including the environmental performance of school assets and sustainability initiatives, to support continuous improvements and enhancements to service delivery.
- Manage and maintain relevant systems, spreadsheets and documentation, including risk registers, planned maintenance schedules, and energy/utilities data, to ensure the availability of accurate, accessible and up-to-date records and information.
- Negotiating and resolving contentious issues and conflicts of interest, while managing and balancing varied stakeholder priorities, in a complex, diverse operating environment.
- Working collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including contractors and external service providers, while meeting tight timeframes for preventative maintenance and other works, minimising service disruptions, maintaining service levels and adhering to relevant compliance and safety standards.
- Continuously improving and enhancing services, modifying and developing operating procedures and guidelines, while keeping up-to-date with changes in legislation, especially in the area of Work, Health and Safety compliance.
Job code: 2176