Role Title: Financial Analyst x 2
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 30th June 2022 with a possible extension
Hours: Full Time
Pay Rate: $80 per hour
Location: Parramatta NSW & WFH
Our Government client is searching for two financial analysts to join their team. One role is primarily a Management Accountant Analyst and the other is a Financial Accountant Analyst. If you a seeking a rewarding role based in Parramatta with the flexibility of working from home, we want to hear from you!
Primary purpose of the role
The roles oversee the prudent management of the Branch budget through financial analysis, modelling and risk management. The successful candidates will undertake and deliver a range of data analytics and visualisation tasks to support and improve service delivery, inform strategies and assist in decision-making processes.
• Undertake in-depth analysis of financial data and develop financial models to inform management and executive decision making.
• Maintain and update statistical data and information sources, ensuring data is current and relevant to the Branch sector.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of technological solutions to extract and analyse large and diverse data sets.
• Provide accurate and transparent scheduled and ad-hoc financial reporting and advice ensuring a timely response to Ministerial and departmental requests.
• Maintain financial and statistical reporting requirements of the Branch program, reconcile financial records, and ensure effective financial management, auditing and reporting mechanisms are in place to support good governance and audit protocols.
• Identify and report risks and develop evidence-based recommendations for the implementation of appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
• Prepare training guides, reports and presentations.
• Implementing financial policies, procedures, and systems to meet the Department’s statutory and NSW Treasury reporting obligations
• Coordinating the preparation and submission of monthly financial data to Treasury
• Preparing statutory financial statements
• Extract and manipulate data from multiple sources, and undertake data validation to ensure data integrity and accuracy is retained when developing reports
• Recommend and implement strategic technology solutions based upon industry standards and ensuring alignment to the corporate goals of the agency and the strategic directions of the business units by proactively identifying business risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Maintaining currency in financial modelling and other technological tools and statistical analysis methodologies
• Determine appropriate visualisation techniques that work best for different types of data, as well as limitations, to ensure dashboard information and visual presentations engage the end client and assist in decision making
- 5 years of experience in a consulting, operational management, or financial accounting role
- Strong Excel skills
- SAP Experience
- Ability to design and create business solutions for reporting and budgeting
- Project Management
- Demonstrated independent problem-solving skills and a history of solving business problems with Excel, Database, or OLAP tools
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Professional, courteous, and committed to providingâ¯amazing customer support
- Open-minded, positive,â¯and keen to learn
- Great attitude, team player
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Degree Qualification in Accounting, Commerce or similar discipline and studying towards CPA/CA (or equivalent) full member status, or extensive equivalent experience
- Treasury Prime experience
- An understanding of Calumo Business Intelligence platform is preferred but not essential
By applying for this position, you give MBC Recruitment the Right to Represent you for the position of Financial Analyst JP00002117 and JP00002118. Your details may be provided to the Client to progress.
Job Code – 682