Role Title: Financial Reporting Analyst
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 2022
Pay Rate: $90 per hour
Primary purpose of the role
Our Government client is looking for a Financial Project Analyst (Reporting) who will play a key role in the development of the MyOutcomes Business Intelligence platform. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team to drive improvements to business processes and accurate financial performance and reporting across the department. This person will manage a range of data analytics and visualisation tasks to support and improve service delivery, data analysis and reporting to inform strategies and decision-making processes.
- Gathering and documenting business requirements from multiple agencies. Successful translation of business requirements from multiple business teams into an operational repeatable business process, supported by the solution on MyOutcomes platform (Calumo)
- Undertake in-depth analysis of financial data and develop financial models to inform management and executive decision making.
- Maintain and update statistical data and information sources, ensuring data is current and relevant to the Branch sector.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of technological solutions to extract and analyse large and diverse data sets
- Provide accurate and transparent scheduled and ad-hoc financial reporting and advice ensuring a timely response to Ministerial and departmental requests.
- Maintain financial and statistical reporting requirements of the Branch program, reconcile financial records, and ensure effective financial management, auditing and reporting mechanisms are in place to support good governance and audit protocols.
- Identify and report risks and develop evidence-based recommendations for the implementation of appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Prepare training guides, reports and presentations.
- Extract and manipulate data from multiple sources, and undertake data validation to ensure data integrity and accuracy is retained when developing reports.
- Recommend and implement strategic technology solutions based upon industry standards and ensuring alignment to the corporate goals of the agency and the strategic directions of the business units by proactively identifying business risks and opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintaining currency in financial modelling and other technological tools and statistical analysis methodologies.
- Determine appropriate visualisation techniques that work best for different types of data, as well as limitations, to ensure dashboard information and visual presentations engage the end client and assist in decision making.
- An understanding of Calumo Business Intelligence platform is preferred but not essential
- Five years of experience in a business consulting role.
- Two years of experience in an operational management or accounting role.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to design and create business solutions for reporting and budgeting
- Project Management
- Demonstrated independent problem-solving skills and a history of solving business problems with Excel, Database, or OLAP tools
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Professional, courteous, and committed to providing amazing customer support
- Open-minded, positive and keen to learn
- Great attitude, team player
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Development experience with OLAP/multi-dimensional systems vital such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Oracle Hyperion Essbase, TM1 or other
- MDX experience
- An accounting background (e.g. CPA)
By applying for this position, you give MBC Recruitment the Right to Represent you for the position of Financial Reporting Analyst #2119. Your details may be provided to the Client to progress.
Job Code – 683