Position: Caretaker / General Assistant
Duration: Approximately 4 months
- Ensuring grounds remain in a clean and tidy condition.
- Maintaining general store including, documentation, issue of stores and reordering of stock when required
- Maintaining college asset register including car fleet, barcoding of equipment and undertaking annual stock take.
- Manual handling of stores, plant and equipment.
- Inspecting services, replacing light globes and tubes.
- Opening buildings and locking the premises including windows, doors and gates, checking heaters, fans and other appliances and turning on or off as necessary.
- Performing Test and Tag as required.
- Assisting public and students in general enquiries whilst on duty.
- Performing minor repairs and maintenance work on buildings as required.
- Assisting in loading and unloading delivery trucks, and removal and transport of furniture, equipment, as required.
- Assist at the business’s promotional activities.
- Support the Business units’ efforts in Aboriginal education and training through the provision of culturally appropriate services.
- Work in a manner which supports the business units’ efforts in Work Health and Safety, ecological sustainability and ethical practice.
- Prior experience in a similar role
- National Criminal Record Check
Job Code: 160