We have a great opportunity for an Investigator in Darlinghurst, 3 month contract with possible extension.
- Plan and undertake investigations into allegations of misconduct by a staff member, including child protection allegations against a student(s) under the direction of a Chief Investigator and consistent with the Directorate’s processes and practice
- Develop correspondence, briefings and reports in a timely manner, relating to individual investigation cases in accordance with the Directorate’s policy and the Department’s style guides.
- Foster and sustain strategic partnerships across the Directorate teams, schools, the wider Education and Communities portfolio and ongoing liaison with other relevant external agencies such as the NSW Police, Family and Community Services, the NSW Ombudsman and the Office of the Children’s Guardian in order to foster a culture of open communication as well as ensuring alignment with department and whole of Government policies across all agencies.
- Maintain meticulous computer and file records of investigations in order to be able to substantiate recommendations to decision makers, to inform tribunals and courts and to meet accountability requirements of bodies such as ICAC, the NSW Ombudsman and the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
- High level skills and experience in conducting investigations.
- Sound knowledge and the skills to implement child protection policies and practices
- High level communication and analytical skills.
Job Code: 1145