Start: 2nd September 2019
We have a great 6 month opportunity for an experienced Librarian with our Client in Sydney!
- Continuously develop staff capabilities in customer service, information, technology and library trends through excellent coaching and training skills as well as assessing capabilities and providing constructive feedback.
- Support the team by monitoring and maintaining efficient daily operations through effective leadership and supervisory skills.
- Support and create a positive and supportive work environment through role modelling, encouraging teamwork, sharing knowledge, and supporting staff with difficult enquiries, issues and conflicts.
- Create an exceptional customer experience by identifying and meeting customer needs through high-level reference and research skills, providing internal and external referrals and alternatives and problem solving.
- Role model strong interpersonal and negotiation skills by matching communication style to provide accurate information, resolve issues, and provide alternative resources.
- Understand, promote and role model Library ethics, Quality Standards and procedures through demonstrated customer service, staff coaching, team assessment and evaluation, and continuous professional development.
- Develop and implement new or improved Library services and programs that meet business unit objectives, community needs, especially in technology, collections and spaces.
- Share, train and demonstrate new consumer and library technology to customers and staff.
- Support physical and digital collection management and development at the local and network level through feedback, data-driven collection maintenance and community-driven collection development.
- Identify, establish and grow partnerships and outreach relationships with other units, external organisations and community groups that promote Library services, inform new services and programs that meet community needs.
- Completion or near completion of university tertiary degree in Library and Information Science as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in two or more of the following areas:
o Reference and readers’ advisory,
o Learning Program development and delivery,
o Children’s and youth services,
o Adult and seniors services,
o Outreach and community engagement,
o Multicultural services,
o Special interests and needs services,
o Collections and digital resources,
o Corporate services,
o Learning and development.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of library services (collections, digital resources, reference/reader’s advisory, learning programs and outreach)
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in connecting people with information, literacy, culture and creativity
- Demonstrated experience of excellent customer service skills in a library or cultural institution, including accuracy of information, equity of access, user privacy and providing a welcoming experience to visitors
- Demonstrated technology skills, continuous learning and the ability to embrace, promote and apply new technologies to service delivery
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory and networking skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
The successful candidate must be available to work any shift between 8am- 9pm, Monday – Sunday and any location across the Sydney network of libraries
Job code: 2083