Position: Library Assistant
Start: September 2019
We are currently seeking an experience Library Assistant to join our Client’s team in Sydney. This is a great 6 month opportunity for the right candidate!
- Support a positive and supportive work environment through teamwork, sharing knowledge, and supporting colleagues.
- Display a positive and flexible attitude and a commitment to the Code of Conduct, Library Vision and strategic goals.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience by using good judgment to identify, address and/or refer diverse customer needs as a priority.
- Utilise sound interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills to address basic customer enquiries and provide alternative resources.
- Understand the Library’s Quality Standards and procedures through demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement.
- Deliver accurate and timely circulation services, re-shelve returned library materials and undertake regular block shelf checking and shelf tidying.
- Basic troubleshoot and demonstrate consumer and library technology to customers.
- Support and promote physical and digital collections and resources through community feedback and engagement.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment and make suggestions on the flexible use of space.
- Assist in the delivery of Library services and programs, including technology, collections and Adult, Children’s, Youth, Outreach and IT programs.
- Provide efficient and customer-focused collections support, home library services, library administration and deliveries across the network.
- Satisfactory pass in the Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service including a high level of ability to work effectively with the public.
- Willingness to develop skills in and provide a range of library services such as readers’ enquiries, research and technology assistance, circulation services, home delivery services and library administration and deliveries.
- Willingness to develop skills and assist in the delivery of library learning programs including adults, children, youth, multicultural and IT.
- Preparedness to undertake outreach and community engagement.
- Basic knowledge of and experience in the use of PCs/Macs (including Office, Outlook, Word and Excel), information/retail software, consumer technology, social media, research databases and web applications.
- Demonstrated clear written, listening and spoken communication skills, especially for reporting up and across to supervisors and co-workers.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member, ability to accept direction willingly from supervisor(s), and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to obtain Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work, Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
- Commencing professional qualifications in Library and Information Studies or equivalent.
- Advanced PC/Mac skills, advanced Office software skills and/or design/music/video software skills.
- Experience using research and/or library databases.
- Experience delivering adult, children’s, youth, multicultural and outreach programs and/or delivering technology/educational courses.
- Proficiency in another language other than English.
- Class 1C drivers licence.
- Willingness and ability to obtain Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
The successful candidate must flexible regarding days of work and location.
Job code: 2085