Position: Occupational Therapist – Part Time
Duration: Approximately 3 months
Hours: Approx 14hrs/wk
Location: Based in Coniston to service the Illawarra district, will require some travel across Wollongong, Shellharbour and Nowra
Are you an OT looking to reduce your hours for more flexibility, or an OT returning to the workforce looking for part-time work? Then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
This part-time role will require providing occupational therapy assessment, consultation, therapeutic interventions and professional services within a multidisciplinary team to support children and young people, their families and carers. There is also opportunity to further develop skills and expertise through ongoing clinical training and supervision.
This role sits in a small-scale, multidisciplinary trauma treatment service based in the Illawarra. This service focuses on improving psychological wellbeing and decreasing the severity of trauma symptoms of children and young people in out-of-home-care.
- Provide best practice and specialist Occupational Therapy support services to children and young people, their families and carers to improve client outcomes.
- Manage a caseload of children and young people who have experienced abuse and maltreatment and their families/carers and measure the outcome of intervention strategies to ensure appropriate support is provided and positive outcomes are achieved
- Work collaboratively as a member of multidisciplinary team and in partnership with other services to support planning, building team cohesiveness and resolving issues.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with public sector agencies, non-government organisations and community groups to facilitate a person-centered approach in developing and delivering intervention programs.
- Uphold professional standards by keeping abreast of practice developments, government policy and statutory requirements, including participation in ongoing professional development activities such as occupational therapy forums, in-service programs, conferences and workshops to maintain and update professional knowledge and skills, and incorporate these into service delivery.
- Maintain accurate files and records in compliance with relevant policies, procedures and professional requirements
- Participate in professional supervision and relevant development activities to ensure good practice standards in providing occupational therapy support to children and young people who have experienced abuse and maltreatment.
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- WWCC Clearance
- ChildStory Clearance
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy with demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Current occupational therapy registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- Current NSW drivers licence
- Practical experience in OT with Children and young adults (beneficial)
Job Code: 97
Illawarra Recruitment – South Coast