Position: Parks Environmental Engineer
We are currently seeking a Parks Environmental Engineer for a rare 24 month contract in Sydney CBD. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a Government organisation and is offering an immediate start, don’t delay – apply now!
- Manage complex projects and contracts relating to contaminated land management, environmental testing analysis and reporting, recycled water and landfill gas to meet defined time, quality, risk and budget parameters. Deliver projects and contracts in line with the Council’s processes and policies.
- Develop specifications, technical investigations, contracts and other service delivery arrangements for environmental projects and programs, and ensure service provider compliance with specifications through appropriate controls and effective performance management.
- Provide expert environmental advice, respond to emerging issues and provide input into the development of services, service delivery arrangements and performance management systems for the Council’s environmental management programs, services and related strategies and initiatives.
- Undertake detailed review, critical analysis and assessment of technical environmental reports provided by consultants and provide expert advice and clear direction to resolve issues and drive improved environmental outcomes.
- Effectively manage risks associated with environmental issues and contaminated land management.
- Contribute toward the Council’s achieving its strategic environmental objectives in relation to water use and being a leading environmental performer.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science or a similar engineering or science discipline that deals with such fields as hydrology, water quality, soil conservation, contaminated land management and the treatment, discharge and assimilation of pollution.
- Extensive professional experience in mitigating or managing human impacts on water and soils, such as remediation of damaged land or degraded water bodies, management of emissions/discharges of landfill gas or leachate, or improvement of stormwater quality via use of recycled water infrastructure, bio-retention zones, wetlands and other biological means.
- Understanding and practical experience of environmental legislation relating to contaminated land management.
- Ability to design environmental investigation programs, identify skill sets needed to deliver and to manage, challenge and get the best out of technical consultants.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with experience in analysing consultant reports to draw out key findings, provide clear advice, present information effectively, and to interact with a broad range of senior staff, technical specialists, community members and other stakeholders.
Job Code 2165