Role: Portfolio Manager (Strategic Asset and Services Planning)
Location: Flexible working opportunities available
Duration: Approximately 5 months
Checks: Criminal Record Check, 2x References
Are you a strategic asset and services planner with experience developing long-term asset/services plans for a large public-sector entity?
This exciting role will provide pivotal portfolio management for the creation of the 10-year asset and services plan, benefiting millions of residents of Greater Sydney
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the development and prioritisation of Greater Sydney’s 10 year Asset and Services Plan (ASP) & Strategic Asset and Services Plan (SASP)
- Assessing the individual Greater Sydney modal/branch ASPs and developing a consolidated view on demand within the division
- Develop models to identify the risks and opportunities presented by alternative investment capex and opex scenarios
- Establish working relationships with stakeholders to ensure that outcomes are articulated, understood and achieved and make a substantial contribution to the wider business
- Understand and practice the relationship between levels of service, cost, risk and safety while balancing competing priorities
- Manage complex strategic project/program elements that require sustained leadership and negotiating solutions across organisational boundaries
- Providing effective oversight and coordination across a broad and complex program to ensure program delivery aligns to departmental priorities, targets and outcomes
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships with internal and external agencies to support departmental outcomes.
- Managing complex strategic project/program elements that require sustained leadership and negotiating solutions across organisational boundaries.
- Tertiary qualifications in transport planning, traffic management, engineering (or related) and demonstrated understanding of traffic, safety and network planning principles.
- Portfolio development and prioritisation experience including translating technical understanding into business and program delivery.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to create compelling business cases and present data effectively
- Understanding of business risk associated with strategic asset and service planning
Job code: 106