Position: Procurement and Contracts Officer
Start: January 2020
Location: Port Macquarie
Are you looking for your next role as a Procurement and Contracts Officer?
Do you have a passion for research, asking questions, exploring and developing policies and procedures, strategies and arrangements?
We have an exciting 9 month opportunity available for you to assist with coordination of purchasing, tendering and contract management.
You will be accountable for:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of procurement and contract management policies and processes to ensure a consistent and standardised approach
- Driving improvement and efficiencies in procurement activities and contract management.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the procurement strategy
- Researching and analysing market trends and best practice to ensure procurement strategies and approaches are current and risk evaluated.
- Displaying your expertise and experience in risk management to effectively manage and minimise procurement and contractual risk.
- Documenting procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements to provide an audit trail for audit processes and to maintain the integrity of the information and processes.
- Guiding others on all aspects of the procurement function and contract management
- Aiding cross-functional procurement teams to successfully deliver their plans and activities
- Assisting the operation of stores, including undertaking stock takes, providing relief, processing of purchase orders; obtaining and assessing supplier quotations; maintenance of databases and management of online requisitions.
- Administering contracts in accordance with contract management plans, supplier performance management and compliance requirements, monitoring performance and addressing non-performance.
- Participating in contract negotiations in the establishment and the review of supply arrangements to deliver value for money outcomes.
- Previous Procurement and Supply Chain experience / background
- Contract management experience
- Contract compliance experience
- A good eye for process improvements and ask questions if required
Job code: 2248
Recruitment Port Macquarie