Position: Project Manager – Construction
We are currently seeking a Construction Project Manager experienced with Services Engineer in Sydney! Our Government Client has a great 12 month opportunity for the right candidate
- Manage projects and or be part of a project team that includes capability to manage our project risks related to construction services such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and lifts.
- Manage or assist in the assessment of risks and support in the preparation of mitigation plans, preparation of Project Plans & preparation of tender documentation
- Assist in the administering of contracts, including evaluation of progress claims, variation claims, extension of time claims, and performance monitoring
- Inspect works in the field to ensure that the desired intentions and quality are being achieved.
- Liaise with utility holders, consultants and contractors
- Prepare and issue timely documentation to enable proactive project reviews, including preparation of regular cost reports, project status updates, construction photographs and compliance reporting;
- Apply and uphold to a high level the project management and governance process;
- Positively contribute to a collaborative work environment offering ideas to continuously improve.
- Deliver a high standard of customer service through consultation and sharing of information with all levels of staff across all divisions
- Liaise within the Division to ensure that projects comply with policies and practices regarding design, sustainability, heritage, accessibility, detail and materials and maintenance;
- Consult with internal and external Authorities to ensure that projects comply with statutory requirements, have the necessary approvals and conform to required standards and policies
- Assist in community, stakeholder and Authority liaison to ensure projects are appropriately communicated and external views and issues are addressed.
- Must have experience reviewing design documents, liaising closely with utility providers / authorities, and monitoring contractors services installation and commissioning
- Relevant engineering degree qualification with project management experience.
Job code: 2036