Position: Project Manager
Location: Port Macquarie
Our client is seeking a Project Manager for an excellent 6 month contract in Port Macquarie. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of multiple building infrastructure projects, ranging in low to medium risk and complexity. Though based in beautiful Port Macquarie, some travel will be required.
The Project Manager will contribute to the planning and delivery of these building infrastructure projects to ensure time, cost, quality, safety and environment targets and corporate and regional expectations and requirements are met. You will be contributing to the delivery of regional upgrade and refurbishment programs on buildings and mechanical services by carrying out condition assessments, scoping works and documenting these packages of works, so experience in these areas is essential.
- Demonstrate a high level of autonomy in the delivery of these activities
- Make day to day decisions in relation to prioritising activities
- Liaise decisions affecting the delivery of targets set for the project with lead Project Managers
- Required to research all relevant standards and requirements and make expert and informed recommendations on specialised technical/professional matters, upon which higher level decisions can be made.
- Experience in onsite problems, contractual variations, extensions of time and progress certificates is also required.
- high level of computer literacy and competency, particularly with Microsoft Office and estimating applications.
- Appropriate trade, post-trade or tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent relevant working experience in project management, engineering, architecture, and building or construction
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of current Work Health and Safety legislation and regulations
- A valid NSW Driver’s licence is required and willingness to drive to regional locations, which may include overnight stays. Travel will generally be within the North Coast Region
Job Code: 2080
Recruit Port Macquarie