Position: Project Officer
Our Government Client has a fantastic 12 month opportunity for an experience Construction Project Officer in Sydney!!
The position is responsible for coordinating the delivery of individual capital works projects and programs as directed and applying best practice project management principals in order that time, cost, quality, safety and regulatory compliance and corporate and stakeholders’ expectations are met.
- Develop and coordinate educational accommodation schedules, project brief, project plan and risk management plans for individual major and minor capital works projects and programs, including liaising with the Asset Planners in the development of all requirements on capital works proposals and participate in the evaluation of tenders and the selection of providers.
- Implement, monitor and update systems to ensure that time and cost targets for projects are established and timeframes and project budgets are met and to ensure Work Health Safety compliance on all DEC capital works projects and programs.
- Actively manage in partnership with clients, service providers, consultants and suppliers all phases of capital works projects from inception to completion, including the identification and effective management of emerging risks that might impede the successful achievement of projects outcome. This includes overseeing and monitoring time, cost and quality of projects from inception to handover.
- Manage the procurement of construction project managers, design teams and building contractors and monitoring the acquisition of furniture and equipment for individual projects and programs.
- Direct and work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams as required on individual projects.
- Ensure the correct statutory planning approval path is identified and undertaken for individual projects and programs including consultation with local Councils and relevant consent authorities.
- Participate in staff development activities with Asset Management personnel.
- Ensure probity processes relating to the issues concerning procurement, contracting arrangements and outcomes are in place, undertaken and reviewed. This includes managing and reporting on the payment of consultants and contractors in accordance with legislation and contracts.
- Degree in Construction, Engineering or Project Management.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully project managing construction projects to a value of more than $20m in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education policies.
- Minimum five years’ experience.
Pre-employment check: 2 x Reference Checks, Police Check , WWCC
Job code: 1749