Our Government Client is seeking an experienced Receptionist to join their team in Leichardt!
The Receptionist is the first point of contact and therefore has a focus on providing high standards of customer service and conveying a positive, professional, courteous and helpful public image.
- Undertake Reception duties including responding to and directing incoming calls, relaying messages, greeting visitors, and maintaining and updating staff directory.
- Demonstrate high standards of customer service.
- Support the Senior Receptionist and the team in all duties that are the responsibility of the Reception function.
- Timely resolution and problem solving of Reception and customer/stakeholder issues, or escalate to Senior Receptionist where appropriate.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail including internal mail distribution, Express Post, and courier deliveries.
- Make bookings for meeting rooms, fleet vehicles, equipment (e.g. projectors, laptops, teleconference numbers), visitor parking, and similar resources.
- Set up and provide support for technology-based meeting facilities (e.g. videoconferencing, WebEx, data projectors).
- Issue security access and photo ID cards for staff and contractors. Assist with processing invoices (e.g. rent, cleaning, electricity, CabCharge) as requested within the required timeframes.
- Assist Senior Receptionist in duties related to Cleaners and Building Management (e.g. arranging repairs and maintenance, Day Book issues, booking in tradespeople).
- Provide general administrative assistance and support to the Workforce unit and other business units as requested.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and evaluation of Reception processes and work routines to ensure efficient work practices and customer needs are met.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Government experience preferable
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great attention to detail
Job code: 1435