Position: Registered Nurse – Mental Health
Location: Newcastle and Lake Macquarie areas
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Registered Nurse to become part of our healthcare team.
This is a casual position assisting participants to access the community in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region.
You will be well supported by government agencies in order to care and support participants throughout the assignment.
There is scope to extend the role further supporting roles within the community.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated understanding of recovery principles.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver high quality patient care in Mental Health at a post graduate level
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence and insured vehicle.
- Extensive Mental Health experience caring for people with challenging behaviours.
- Mobile Phone
- Competent in PRN medication administration.
- PVMA training
- PART training
- Police Record Check
- Current First Aid certificate
- Knowledge of Complex needs, Dual Diagnosis and behavior management.
Uniform and ID, Vehicle training, site inductions and protocols will be provided.
Indigenous people and people of culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Close Date 3rd September.
Please quote job code 1452 when applying.