Position: Senior Information Officer
Location: North Sydney
Our client requires a Senior Information Officer to improve the quality and timeliness of Ministerial correspondence, identifying key issues, developing training and support to build capacity in branches and other health agencies and monitoring responses to ensure high standards of content and processes are achieved in a high stakes environment of demanding deadlines and competing priorities.
In depth Ministerial writing experience is an essential requirement for this position.
- Improve the quality and timeliness of Ministerial correspondence, identifying key issues,
- Develop training and support to build capacity in branches and other agencies
- Monitor responses to ensure high standards of content and processes are achieved in a high stakes environment of demanding deadlines and competing priorities.
- Review, analyse and coordinate responses and prepare briefings at a high level for Ministers and the Secretary, on a range of complex and sensitive matters of interest to the community, in a time critical and high volume environment.
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with relevant staff across the Ministry, in Ministers’ offices and across other organisations to achieve the Ministry’s objectives when preparing draft responses and briefings.
- Work well with key branch and other organisation executives and staff, identifying and developing potential improvements to processes, templates and information that can be applied consistently across all departments.
- Provide a strong customer service focus with internal and external clients always, develop and provide training and other assistance to branch and other staff, to enable high quality responses in compliance with required processes and templates and records’ management protocols.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the operations of the organisation including current issues, forthcoming events, relevant parliamentary business and Commonwealth initiatives.
- Preferably you have undertaken the Plain English Foundation training (or similar) and
can edit and value add (demonstrated advanced writing qualities) to ministerial and
- Work within a high level, fast paced working environment, with a strong work ethic, drive
and commitment to working in such an environment.
If you have great initiative and can work both independently with minimal supervision, and as a team player working cooperatively and collaboratively within a small team – please apply now !
Job Code: 1302