Position: Senior Guardian – Welfare Worker
Duration: 6 months with a possible extension
Hours: 7hrs / day; 5 days / week
Salary: $54.54 per hour plus super
Location: Parramatta NSW
Primary Purpose of the Position
Our Government client is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced person to serve as a Senior Guardian. This person works on behalf for adults with disability and/or impaired decision making capacity and is appointed by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Guardianship Division or Supreme Court under the Guardianship Act 1987. A Guardian promotes the rights and interests of people with disabilities through the practice of guardianship, advocacy and education and is responsible for the delivery of Guardianship services to achieve the best possible outcomes for people with disabilities, consistent with the Principles of the Guardianship Act, and for undertaking individual advocacy as required.
An understanding of the Disability Support sector is advantageous but not essential. The successful candidate will be part of the Western NSW team of Guardians and will be based in Parramatta (post lockdown) although some travel will likely be required to other parts of the state from time to time.
• Develop and implement decision making plans, procedures and activities that attempt to resolve issues facing clients.
• Prepare reports where necessary about or relating to guardianship cases for the Guardianship Division of NCAT.
• Provide information to the public as well as respond to enquiries by professional staff, service providers and clients.
• Make, implement and monitor decisions within the delegated authority to best serve the interests of people under guardianship within legislation and procedural guidelines of the Public Guardian.
• Undertake actions mostly of an individual case-related nature and conduct activities based on agreed actions plans with the guidance of the supervisor and Regional Manager.
• Degree in social, health, behavioural sciences or related discipline or relevant experience in a
• Available to travel throughout northern parts of NSW.
• Criminal record check.
Candidates with experience in Case Management, Welfare Management and Consumer Advocacy or similar roles are encouraged to apply!
By applying for this position, you give MBC Recruitment the Right to Represent you for the position of JP00005439 #656 (Senior Guardian). Your details may be provided to the Client to progress your application.
Job Code: 656
Parramatta Recruitment – Parramatta NSW