Position: Senior Policy Officer
Location: North Sydney
We are currently seeking a Senior Policy Officer in North Sydney, our Government Client has a great part time -3 days per week role available .
- Manage and undertake policy and program development, review and evaluation of projects to address current and emerging issues in relation to workforce policy, programs, planning, development and reform.
- Provide advice and support to the Workforce Planning and Development Branch, senior executives, and staff to consistently interpret and apply policies and practices in relation to workforce policy, programs, planning, development and reform.
- Prepare high quality written advice in the form of reports, briefs, policy, discussion papers, or circulars to inform, respond to requests, or initiate consideration of new policy initiatives.
- Liaise, communicate, and consult with key staff in public health organisations and stakeholder representatives to secure their engagement and ensure effective interface on policy and program development, planning and implementation.
- Lead and participate in quantitative and qualitative research to address policy issues and inform policy development.
- Substantial experience in the provision of policy advice in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation impacting on the health workforce.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in undertaking all stages of the policy cycle (development, implementation and review).
Job code: 1454