Position: Strategic Planner
Location: Oran Park, NSW
Our client requires an experienced Strategic Planner to develop, implement and review strategic land use strategies and planning instruments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of agreed planning outcomes as identified in Strategic Plan and Strategic Planning Branch work program.
- To identify and inform of emerging issues and trends and recommend appropriate responses.
- Negotiations with stakeholders including State Government agencies, peak groups, special interest groups, and industry associations
- Provide technical assistance and advice on strategic planning matters to Staff, senior management, developers and the community.
- Develop, implement and review strategic land use strategies, planning instruments, such as Local Environment Plans and Development Control Plans, and other policy documents according to relevant legislation and in line with strategic direction.
- Ensure transparency is inherent in undertaking/delivering projects.
- Participate in the review, development and improvement of work systems and practices to enhance customer service and meet customer needs.
You must have flexibility to respond to organisational requests for urgent work
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, or related discipline and/ or extensive job related experience
- Ability to manage complex projects to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a consultative manner.
- A sound working knowledge of, and or experience in, the implementation of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 and the NSW Local Government Act 1993.
- Demonstrated understanding of new release area planning and associated principles
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to team projects.
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, holistically and creatively
- Strong focus on and commitment to quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office computer applications.
- Public presentation skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the formulation and implementation of community consultation groups
Job code: 1329
Recruitment Oran Park