Position: Technical Officer
Location: Oran Park
Our Government client in Oran Park is seeking an experienced technical officer to assist with the administration of restorations and public lighting. This is a fantastic three month role for the right candidate!
- Investigate and assess requirements regarding public utility restoration works
- Liaise with utility companies regarding temporary and permanent restorations
- Act as the public lighting officer in assisting lighting requirements of new roads
- Preparation of design briefs
- Process street lighting applications for new subdivisions.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering (tertiary qualifications in Surveying may be considered subject to Civil Engineering experience).
- Experience in the investigation, survey, design and estimation of engineering projects. In particular; road, drainage, traffic, storm-water and environmental works.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Design programs and related software packages (Camden Council uses AutoCAD C3D & Advanced Road Design).
- Strong customer/community service focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate well to internal and external clients and the ability to write analytical and logical reports drawing justified conclusions.
If you have:
- Experience in the administration of road openings and restorations.
- Good negotiation and dispute resolution skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in surveying and using modern surveying instruments and technologies.
- Experience in computer aided vehicle turn path evaluation.
- Understanding of Government operations, processes and administrative procedures.
We want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
Job Code: 1248
Recruitment Oran Park