Position: Town Planner
We have a great opportunity available for an experienced Town Planner in Maitland! What will initially be a 3 month contract, this is a fantastic Government role and has the possibility to extend.
- Undertake assessment and determination of development applications.
- Consult and liaise with proponents of development proposals, government agencies and statutory authorities as necessary.
- Undertake public consultation and facilitate public input in relation to development applications in accordance with statutory requirements and policy.
- Conduct site inspections in relation to the assessment of development applications.
- Provide timely and accurate information and reports for input into decision making and actions.
- Ensure prompt response to all correspondence and enquiries in connection with accountabilities.
- Keep abreast of changing legislation, regulation and trends and practices that relate to the assessment of development applications.
- Degree level qualification in Town Planning or related discipline.
- Contemporary industry knowledge and experience in the development assessment process.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to interpret relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation and facilitation skills to enable resolution of planning problems and issues.
- Proven ability to work productively as a member of a team and contribute to team goals.
- Proven ability to interpret information and produce clear reports to enable decision making.
- Current Class C driver’s licence.
Job Code: 2172
Maitland Recruitment – Hunter Valley