Position: Traffic Control Supervisor
Location: Cardiff NSW
Start: Immediate start – Part time with the potential for full time
WTTC has seen unprecedented growth and are looking to expand our Hunter/ Newcastle team and are looking for a Traffic Control Supervisor based in our Cardiff Office.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage and Coordinate client bookings
- Design and review TMPs/TCPs
- Conduct site Audits and implement corrective action
- Conduct vehicle audits, reporting faults or maintenance issues.
- Ensure all jobs have required resources including but limited to signage, nightwork gear and appropriate vehicles.
- Mentoring and coaching of Traffic Controllers.
- Assist in the development improvement and implementation of WHS, Quality and Environmental policies and procedure
- Organise accommodation and travel if required
- Schedule rostering of staff and vehicles
- Reporting safety concerns to management
- Communication of SWMS, TMP and TCPs to team
- Site checks and safety inspections
- Assist planner with TCPs if qualified to do so
- Assist with permit applications
- On call phone as allocated
You will have the following demonstrated skilles & qualifications:
- Valid manual drivers licence with no more than three (3) infringements or four (4) points in last three (3) years, and NO major infringements i.e. dangerous driving, or excess BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration)
- White Card (Construction Induction)
- Traffic Controller and Implement Traffic Control Plans or equivalent (Control Traffic with a Stop/Go bat and Implement Traffic Management Plan)
- Modify Traffic Control plans, Prepare and Design and Inspect Traffic Control Plans or Work Zone Traffic Management Plan
- Effective communication skills
- Be motivated by challenges, problems, deadlines and targets
- Be solution focused
- Organisational skills, ability to multi task, prioritise workload are key
- Good teamwork skills
- 3+ Years’ experience as Traffic Management Supervisor or Equivalent and as a Traffic Control Team Leader
- Previous experience of providing customer services, being part of a team, and being a ‘people person’ in general.
- Sales and marketing experience are also very useful to have, as they show you are already skilled in negotiation, and have some commercial awareness.
- Experience with Rapid Plan or an equivalent TCP generating software
- WHS and Rostering/Scheduling experience
Cardiff Labour Hire – Recruitment Newcastle