Position: Waste Services Officer
Our Northern Beaches client has an great opportunity for a 12 month role.
The Waste Services Officer provides support in administering various waste contracts and technical expertise and advice on Development Applications, Events, Reserves and Sporting field booking requests in accordance with waste policies while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Provide support and assistance in the administering of various waste contracts including carrying out field and follow up inspections.
- Resolve issues and conflicts arising in the provision of waste services to the community
- Assist customers and all stakeholders with waste services related enquiries
- Liaison with stakeholders including the community, contractors and internal staff members
- Processing of TechOne Customer Requests (CRMs), TRIM and Assess
- Maintain a full working knowledge of electronic systems and applications – currently Outlook, Microsoft, SEA, TRIM, Assess and TechOne
- Answer telephone calls and respond to both internal and external enquiries
- Review and assess waste management plans proposed in development applications and Events and Reserves and Sporting field booking requests
- Provide support and assistance in the review of waste-related policies, strategies, business plans and waste management requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive job-related experience in waste
- High level knowledge of the waste management industry and government policy on
waste and resource recovery
- Experience in administration of waste contracts
- High level interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Demonstrated skills in working with and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to providing excellent customer service to
internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to successfully undertake duties and achieve agreed objectives
within a team environment as well as independently applying own initiative
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions and act with initiative to identify and resolve
- Demonstrated experience to manage priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and assessing waste management plans
proposed in Development Application and Events and Reserves and Sporting field
- Current Class C drivers license
Note: you must be available after hours to address complaints and service issues and willing to travel around Northern Beaches area.
Job Code: 1265