Position: Welfare Worker
Our client has a 6 month opportunity for an experienced Welfare Worker who will be responsible for the delivery of Guardianship services to achieve the best possible outcomes for people with disabilities and for undertaking individual and systemic advocacy as required.
- Develop and implement decision making plans, procedures and activities that attempt to resolve issues facing clients.
- Prepare reports where necessary about or relating to guardianship cases.
- Provide information to the public as well as respond to enquiries by professional staff, service providers and clients.
- Make, implement and monitor decisions within delegated authority to best serve the interests of people under guardianship within legislation and procedural guidelines.
- Undertake actions mostly of an individual case related nature and conduct activities based on agreed actions plans with the guidance of their supervisor and the Regional Manager.
- Degree in social, health, behavioural sciences or related discipline and/or relevant experience
- Available to travel throughout NSW
- Criminal records check
Job code: 1334