Position: Welfare Worker / Guardian
Our Government Client is seeking a Welfare Worker in Sydney for 3 month assignment. The Guardian is responsible for the delivery of Guardianship services to achieve the best possible outcomes for people with disabilities consistent with the Principles of the Guardianship Act, the Public Guardian’s standards and for undertaking individual and systemic advocacy as required.
- Develop and implement decision making plans, procedures and activities that attempt to resolve issues facing clients.
- Prepare reports where necessary about or relating to guardianship cases for the Guardianship Division of NCAT.
- Provide information to the public as well as respond to enquiries by professional staff, service providers and clients.
- Make, implement and monitor decisions within delegated authority to best serve the interests of people under guardianship within legislation and procedural guidelines of the Public Guardian.
- Undertake actions mostly of an individual case related nature and conduct activities based on agreed action plans with the guidance of their supervisor and the Regional Manager.
Job Code: 1691