Our valued client is seeking an experienced WHS / Safety officer to join their team. If you are driven, organised, and have a proven track record within the WHS industry in Construction, then this is a great opportunity for you!
- Conduct regular site safety inspections and site inductions.
- Assist site management in the setup, implementation and ongoing review of OH&S Management system and site plan safety.
- Ensuring the site complies with all OH&S legislative requirements
- Ensuring all site personnel are familiar with company WHS policies and procedures
- Organizing and executing site safety meetings
- Conducting Risk Assessments,
- Checking and monitoring Safe Work Method Statement
- Develop, document, implement and review safety risk management in compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- Perform the role of First Aid Officer onsite, maintain and stock first aid kits when required
- Performing weekly safety report for management
- Maintaining safety files
- Conducting formal incident investigations when necessary
To be successful in this role you will have Construction Industry experience and have the following:
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar role
- Cert IV in WHS
- Occupational or Senior First Aid Certificate
- White Card
- Strong ability to write and implement WHS documentation
- Ability to produce reports and conduct audits
- Current drivers license
- Be passionate about construction safety
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of ISO standards
- Will have ideally come from a site background as there is a requirement to manage and educate sub-contractor and trades
If this sounds like you, apply now as interviews will be starting soon!
Job Code: 1867