Position: Workforce Transition Lead
We are currently seeking a Workforce Transition Lead in Parramatta. Our Government Client has a great 6 month opportunity with an immediate start!
- Devise and implement innovative workflow organisation, supervision and team motivation strategies to facilitate the development and effective utilisation of people and other allocated resources.
- Model work practices and behaviours to develop a high performing team. This includes coaching and mentoring staff to ensure the service delivered to customers is of the highest standard.
- Champion the use of new and/or updated people management strategies, technology, systems, and business methods to deliver efficient and effective service in accordance with Department policy and the Directorate’s business practices. This includes coaching and inspiring others, both up and down the line, in the adoption of new technologies, systems or practices.
- Foster and build sustainable business partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. This includes working collaboratively with external parties to inform best practice to address changing business priorities, business reforms, government policy and economic conditions.
- Undertake research and provide evidence-based advice that informs the implementation of people strategies and reporting requirements.
- Provide regular updates to the supervisor regarding progress and achievement of the role’s agreed business and reporting targets. This role identifies and assesses risk, and proposes and evaluates risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide clear direction to team members on resolving technical and/or complex matters requiring specialist knowledge or implementation advice. This requires the ability to anticipate, identify and address potential issues and determine the most effective solution.
- In consultation with the supervisor, develop an annual work plan that articulates, clarifies and documents the role’s specific responsibilities, key deliverables and indicators of success over a 12 month period.
- The successful candidate will also need to take on a mentoring role to the 5/6 workers in the team.
- Balancing a range of competing and conflicting work priorities and/or workflows. The challenge comes when competing and conflicting demands are impacted by non- negotiable deadlines. This necessitates the role to engage with and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging trends, policy and legislative reform is critical as the role deals with internal and external customer requests across a broad range of issues in the provision of educational services.
- Understanding the impacts of changing business requirements, priorities, best practice and innovations. This requires the ability build strong internal and external networks and communicate effectively.
- 5 years’ experience as a senior HR Advisor
- Government experience preferred
- Ability to suggest improvements and opportunities.
- Great communication skills – both written & verbal
- Proven experience setting up KPI metrics to measure performance
Job code: 1972